Forensics & Litigation
Computer Forensics | Civil Procedure | Criminal Procedure | Evidence Law | Cybercrime
Data-driven companies are exposed to many risks: The competition engages in business espionage, the cyber ground noise ensures attacks every minute, the contractual partner does not adhere to secrecy agreements or the company’s employee could switch sides. This results in significant damage to companies, with sensitive information such as copyrighted intellectual property and highly personal data of employees and customers being stolen.
The result can be reputational damage, damage to customer and business relationships, financial losses and severe penalties. With the support of LAYER 8, you can minimize the impact of cyber incidents on your company and business operations.
We also advise you on the development of new forensic competencies (forensic readiness) and analyze the need with you. We support you in the process-proof securing of traces in your network.
You can integrate LAYER 8’s contact persons into your existing process structures so that you have the necessary legal expert information immediately at hand when needed and have quickly ensured the strategically correct communication with the authorities or the business customer. LAYER 8 will take care of public relations and media work for you if necessary, so that you can concentrate on business processes.
If you are in dispute with a contractor or an employee or have been the victim of a cyber attack, LAYER 8 will handle the process for you in court and the prosecutors.
Other areas of focus in Forensics & Litigation include:
- Representation in white-collar criminal cases incl. banking or stock exchange offenses as well as money laundering and corruption;
- Advising on the detection and preservation of evidence of white-collar crimes;
- Risk management (fraud risk management) and compliance;
- Consulting and representation in the area of international legal and administrative assistance;
- Representation in requests for information and extradition;
- Representation in seizure and unsealing proceedings including appeal proceedings;
- Media communication in the context of civil and criminal proceedings;
Consulting on e‑evidence and forensic readiness (privacy-compliant and court-proof evidence collection in the enterprise) on the local network or in the cloud;
Coordination of cooperation with civil and criminal authorities;
- Establishing insider perpetrators (data theft, computer crime, industrial espionage) in a court of law;